The first dance of the year will be on October 3rd to benefit the Ashton Pruitt and Family. The cost will be 4$ and there will be pizza and pop available for purchase. The dance starts at 7:00 and will end at 9:30.
The Big 9 Sportsman club of Concord is offering hunter safety classes. Registration is September 21 from 1-3pm. Classes begin September 27 from 8am-5pm and conclude September 28 from 8am-5pm. You must attend both Saturday and Sunday to pass the class and receive your certificate. This class is free of charge. There is no age requirement, but anyone 10 years or younger must have an adult stay with them throughout the class. Questions? Call Jim Pryce at 734-368-2473.
Students who walk to school and must cross U.S. 12 to get to JMS are highly encouraged to use the pedestrian crossing at the traffic signal on the corner of U.S. 12 and Maumee St.
Scholastic book orders have been distributed. This is a great opportunity to order new books for the new school year. In addition to adding books to your personal collection you will be helping our library put new books on the shelves for all to use, so please take a moment to check out the great offerings from Scholastic. If you plan to order online, please use the classroom code GRVFC. Using that code will allow all our profits to benefit our library. If you don’t plan to order online, you may turn your order along with a check made payable to Scholastic Books in to Mrs. Hitt. The deadline for ordering is September 24.
The Jonesville FFA chapter is inviting middle school students to join an after school Discover FFA program for up to twenty 7th and 8th graders. Students involved in this program will be involved in FFA competitions, including the poultry competition, agriscience fair, and leadership competitions. Students who qualify, will attend the FFA State Convention in March and/or the FFA National Convention in October 2015.
- Students will meet at the high school on Tuesdays from 3:00 – 4:00 PM beginning September 23rd. Busing will be provided from the middle school.
- Dues for Discover FFA is $10.00 per month. Dues cover state and national membership fees, Jonesville FFA T-shirts, and snacks served during the meetings. Extra fees may be required for field trips and the FFA State Convention.
- Students need to fill out an application to join the program. The first 20 applications will be accepted into the Discover FFA program.
- Parents may pick up their students at 4:00 behind the high school in front of the greenhouse.
-Next week is spirit week. Dress up days are as follows:
Thursday-Dress your best Day
Friday-Orange and Black Day
- Just a reminder that Art Club meets every Wednesday from 2:50-3:50. This week we are working on scarecrows. You can donate old clothing for our scarecrows this year.
Students wishing to take a segment one or segment two driver education class during the 2014-2015 school year, check out coach bs driving schools updated schedule online at coachbsdrivingschool.com. Sign up now for your class so your not left out.
- Students – The hallways/school building does not open for students until 7:35a.m. when the bell rings. Unless you have PREVIOUSLY made an “appointment” with a teacher or staff member to meet before that, you should remain in the Wright St. Gym/cafeteria or at one of the entrances until the 7:35a.m. bell rings.
Students – A quick reminder of etiquette for those of you who go outside at lunch:
- You are to walk outside, down the sidewalk and across the street at the crosswalk. Once you are in the park, you may begin running.
- Please do not slap/hit road signs!
- Be respectful of the park property! This includes sitting on park benches/picnic tables properly, not walking on landscaped area/stones around the pavilion, climbing on trees and the statue, etc. If you cannot be respectful of the area, you will need to stay inside during lunch.
- Throw away your garbage! If you take food items from the cafeteria outside to the park, again you should be responsible and respectful and throw your trash away into the trash cans!
- If you do not follow the expectations, you will not be permitted outside!
- JMS Fall Picture Day is Thursday, September 18! Parent volunteers to help with this event would be greatly appreciated!
- Fair Day is Monday, September 22! There will be NO SCHOOL that day! If your student is involved in 4-H and will be showing animals during fair week, please make sure they fill out a pre-arranged absence well in advance of their absence.